HOW TO TRACK YOUR STEPS
Tracking your steps is easy. You can either connect to your fitness app or enter your steps manually. Either way, here are some pointers to help you track your steps everyday throughout August. And if you're tech savey, we've also got information on how to live stream your steps so all your friends and family can watch as you as you Step Up to Breast Cancer.
VIA A FITNESS APP
Download the Fitbit or Strava app and set up your account
Login to your dashboard
Click your preferred fitness app
Follow prompts to connect your app
When you start each run / walk, select 'Start your workout' in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day (please allow 24 hours).
Points to note:
- When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
ADD YOUR STEPS MANUALLY
You can enter you steps manually through your dashboard
Login to your dash board
Under ‘add activity’, enter the date and distance
The numbers of steps will appear on your fundraising page
LIVE STREAM TO YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Live streaming opens up many creative options to help bring your fundraising to life and to give you reasons to reach out to your family, friends and colleagues to invite them to share in your challenge.
It also gives you a chance to thank supporters and share a daily recount of how your fundraising journey is progressing.
Getting started with live streaming is easier then you may imagine. With only a smartphone and an account with a live streaming service such as Twitch.tv you can get started in a matter of minutes.
How to start live streaming straight from your fundraising profile page
- Choose an online streaming service such as https://www.twitch.tv/ and create an account (don't forget to write down your username)
- Download the service's streaming application to your smartphone or desktop (for example from https://www.twitch.tv/downloads)
- Log in to your Funraisin account and select "Edit my page" from the dropdown menu
- Find the section called "Add live streaming", select your service and enter your username (just like the image below)
Advanced live video streaming options
As with most types of technology, you can choose how much time you would like to invest in your streaming set up.
Above we discussed the fastest way to get a live stream started, but with a little more reading you can explore more features that come with a more detailed setup.
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is an open-source and cross-platform tool used by many to add enhanced features to a stream such as embedded comments, custom backgrounds and video-in-video broadcasting.
You can download OBS directly from the project website: http://obsproject.com/download