Pink Polka Dotter Bake Off
Welcome fellow bakers to the Pink Polka Dotter Bake Off!
I’ve been a long time supporter of fundraising for breast cancer research, but it became a lot closer to my heart after having a loved one affected by the diagnosis. And sadly, if you know just 8 women, the chances are, one of them will be affected by breast cancer before the age of 85.
So what can you do to help?
Well, for the month of October you can fine tune your baking and photography skills and get involved in my first online Bake Off!
So what does that involve?
(1) Bake, whisk, whip or chill something pink - that’s the only rule. It can be a cake, a pavlova, macarons, cookies, tarts or even ice cream. As long as it’s sweet and it’s pink!
(2) You are welcome to use one of my pink recipes by heading to my blog www.thepolkadotter.com or Instagram @thepolkadotter for inspiration, or you can create your own pink-inspired masterpiece if you’d prefer.
(3) Take a photo of your pink sweet treat and post it on Instagram. Be sure to include the hashtag #pinkpolkadotterbakeoff so I don’t miss your entry, and check your account is set to public so I can see your beautiful creations!
(4) Donate to the page I’ve set up here at NBCF. Entry fee for the Bake Off is $20 per image submitted, with all proceeds going directly to NBCF. Please include your Instagram username in the comment so I know you’ve donated when I’m reviewing the entries on Instagram. You are certainly most welcome and encouraged to donate more if you’d like.
Winners of the Pink Polka Dotter Bake Off will be announced on Instagram, with the winning images featured on my account @thepolkadotter on October 31st.
Winners will be selected under the following categories:
(1) Best Sweet Food Photography (for the most stunning food image)
(2) Most Creative Pink Recipe (for those creating their own recipe)
(3) Who Baked It Best? (for those using one of my pink recipes)
(4) Viewer’s Choice (for the most popular photo)
I can’t wait to see you getting involved and showing us your pinks! Thanks for all the support.